Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This is Why

      Yesterday morning I got to shoot the wedding of an amazing couple named Ashley and Kathi. I met them on Friday afternoon after corresponding through email for weeks. Soon after I met these ladies I knew that our experience together was going to be great!

      We walked around Central Park and went to go scout out the spot where they would be getting married. We went over what they wanted from me and what I was going to ask of them. After we parted ways for the night I realized that this is why I am working towards this career.

      Sure I have wanted to be a photographer since I was a little girl, sure I feel like I should be doing the career that I went to college for, but something clicked when I met these women. Meeting new people and getting to capture moments in their lives is something special, and it is why I am a photographer. It's more than doing what I love. It is about getting to do something for others.

     I feel like I really got to know Ashley and Kathi by the time I was leaving our meeting on Friday. Their wedding was adorable and I was so happy for them when they were pronounced married yesterday morning. They will forever hold a place in my heart because they chose me to capture their special day.

     More photos soon to come!


1 comment:

  1. You were amazing! We couldn't have chosen a better photographer. We can't wait to see the finished photos, especially the "hanging" one. It was a joy getting to know you, and you too will always have a place in our hearts. We will be back to New York to have you shoot more photos, especially when the kiddos come :) Thank you again for making our special day a memorable one through photos.

    ReplyDelete