Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Something is in the Water

        A few months ago I did this photo shoot of a former client (and friend) of mine, Mandi, who is pregnant with twin boys. I was so happy that she was pregnant and even happier for her that she was having twins! I couldn't believe it! She is going to be an amazing mother, and I was thrilled she wanted a maternity shoot to capture such an amazing time in her life! We set up the shoot in November because she didn't want to be too big and uncomfortable for the photos. I think they turned out really nice and showed how beautiful this mama to be is!



      After I was finished with this shoot, my good friend from high school, Heather, contacted me about setting up a maternity shoot for herself. We wanted to do one with her first child but the timing never seemed to work out, so we really wanted to get a shoot in for this pregnancy. Unlike Mandi, we waited until the end of Heather's pregnancy to do the photo shoot because she wants to be able to show these boys just how big they made her.
      That's right Heather is having twin boys also!!! It was so fun that both of my maternity shoots were for sets of twin boys!!! Twin boys that are due within a week of each other!
      Heather and I had a lot of fun at her shoot despite the very cold weather and the ice covering a lot of the ground! It was a little bit of a challenge to find a place to shoot since ice took over much of the town the weekend that we planned to get together, but we eventually found somewhere safe(ish) to stand. It was so great being able to use Heather's daughter in some of the shots! It was a little challenging to shoot with a two year old in the cold but we manged to get a few cute shots out of her before sending her back in the warm car.
       Heather was shocked that she was having twins this time around but I know that she will kick ass at it! She is such a natural mother! And by the way look how amazing she looks at the end of her pregnancy with twins! She totally makes having twins look good!

Heather is laughing because I almost fell on the ice


I can't wait for these two lovely ladies to have their boys! I hope I get to meet them soon! I mean, how much fun would a newborn twins shoot be ;)! 




No comments:

Post a Comment